Skip to content
Tips for how to ensure a long life for your new metal jewelry:
- When possible, avoid extended exposure to chlorine, pools, hot tubs, saunas or spas.
- When possible, remove jewelry during more aggressive physical activities (running, hiking, swimming, etc.)
- When polishing your jewelry, we recommend a soft polishing cloth rather than abrasive material like bath towels, terry cloth, or paper towels.
- To ensure the longest possible lifespan, store your jewelry in a dry, air-tight area. Before storing, use a soft polishing cloth to remove any oxidation and perform a thorough cleaning. We've found it's helpful to occasionally remove any skin oils by rinsing with warm water and buffing with a soft polishing cloth.
- Regularly clean your jewelry with mild soap and a soft pat dry. Don't rub!
- On occasion, individual body chemistries can react with gold filled metals and cause a reaction. Pregnancy, thyroid disorders, hormone levels, medications and more can affect body alkalinity and may cause a reaction with your piece. It's definitely random and difficult to predict, but please contact us if you have any questions!
What is gold filled?
Gold filled is a pressure bonded layer of gold that has 100 times more gold than plated jewelry. It is incredibly durable, tarnish resistant, won't chip or flake, and is a great alternative to solid gold jewelry at a much better price point. It looks gorgeous, and will last for years when cared for properly!
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.